A different Season
Hi to everyone. I know it has been a while since I have posted. I apologize. It has been an interesting year at our household since She Speaks 2009. I wrestled with God on stepping back and entering a quiet season. I fought it all the way to She Speaks 2010.

Now that this years conference has passed, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am to step back for a season and be with my husband and kids. This means no speaking and very little working outside the house. I say very little because, I am still going to do the four or five medical screenings with the retired NFL players to keep my skills up to date. I am a firm believer in not giving the enemy a place to creep in, and if I were to loose my working skills and Allan's company hit a down time it could be difficult to help.

I would ask for your prayers at this time to really be content with the place I am walking through and to receive all that God needs to impart in me.

I am continually praying for all of you. I will post periodically to update and share what I am learning.

Blessings,


10 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...
Anonymous Maribeth Spangenberg said...

You will not regret your decision to "stay home!" Children grow up so fast....and you can't get the time back! Your family needs you!

Blogger Joyful said...

Obedience to God is always the right decision.

Praying for you my friend.
Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

I admire this decision, Charlene.

Enjoy your season of quiet growth, my friend.

Blogger Cheri Bunch said...

Blessings, Charlene!

Anonymous Kristen Myers said...

Charlene,

Thank you for telling me what I can pray for during this season. I know it has to be hard, sweet friend. I love your willingness to put your family above all else and to follow God's leading. You will not be disappointed. Speaking and writing opportunities will always come again. Your family is only at this place once!

Love you my friend!

Anonymous Karen Ehman said...

I love you whole-heartedly. I pray for you continually. I admire you immensely. The End.

Anonymous Tracie Miles said...

Pray for you Charlene. Call me sometime if you are going to be out my way. Love you -

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Praying for you Charlene!!! You will always be part of "us" no matter where God has you or what He has you doing. I love you!!

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

I've been thinking of you ever since you whispered "I'm in a no season" to me at She Speaks, Charlene.

May your heart be flooded with His peace as you rest in this season. Enjoy the time off...breathe in every moment, because you don't know what's around the corner. Fortunately, HE does.

(((Hugs)))

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
I am taking some time away from speaking to glean more from God and draw closer to Him. I need to be at home more with my children for a season. I will continue to post on my blog and update you all. I covet your prayers during this new season.
Favorite Sites